Thursday, August 8, 2013

Healthy zucchini and blue berry waffles

I think one of the best ways to eat a healthy all time recipe is waffles. I love my waffle iron and cannot imagine life without it.i experiment so much with it and love the crisp too and soft insides of it. I add almost anything and manage a good breakfast, a lunch , snack it even a dinner. I use it as a finger food , brunch or just about " when you are hungry" meals.Here I tried an experiment and the kids loved it. Phew , what a relief. This way I got my 17 yr old son who isn't much focused on food n fruits into eating few fruits.Loved the tangy taste in between.
Ingredients
1 cup oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup suji
1 grated zucchini
1 cup curd
1 chopped onions
3/4 cup blue berries
2 tbsp flaxseeds
2 chopped spring onions
1/2 tsp chilli pwd
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp fennel pwd
Salt 
1/2 cup grated cheese
2 tsp baking powder
Method
Mix all the ingredients well except baking powder and keep for 30 mins.
Add water to make a thick batter.
Heat waffle iron, put enough batter and close and cook till brown. 
Enjoy with spicy tomato peanut chutney. Posting recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment