Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Cappuccino nut cake

Cappuccino nutty cake 
This weekend I was running out of ideas for a different healthy cake. No fruits, no regular stuff.... So started with just my oats and evaporated milk in my processor. And soon I had an amazing recipe with something that lay in the shelf as I didn't like the taste. Learnt again that one should never discard anything too quickly another form always can give a new dimension.
1.5 cup atta
1/2 cup crushed oats
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
200 ml evaporated milk
4-5 tbsp cappuccino coffee mix
2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp vinegar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup apple juice or more as needed
Method 
Except vinegar and baking powder, mix everything well. Keep for 10 mins.
Adjust the consistency with apple juice.
Add vinegar and baking powder and mix for few secs
Put into a greased baking dish and bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg C. 
Cut into squares and enjoy with coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment