Friday, April 18, 2014

Thai veg red curry


Thai food is close to Indian palate as it's spicy, has loads of options and goes well with rice. Yet I kept away as it has a lot of pastes with non veg base. Recently a friend introduced me to this cuisine and now I play around with all the things I have in my fridge and enjoy this quick yummy cuisine. It may not be as professional as what I would get in a restaurant but I am not deprived anymore. Sharing the recipe with you. Add non vegs as required.
Ingredients
1 cup each of broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms,bell peppers
1/2 cup each of carrot sticks, beans cut in 1" sticks
1 cup tofu cut into sticks (optional)
You can use pineapple, brinjals, snow peas, zucchini, any vegs you enjoy. 
2-3 heaped tsp of red Thai curry paste
1 tbsp each of ginger and garlic
1 cubed onions
1 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp vinegar
100 ml coconut milk
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp chilli flakes n salt. 
Method
Heat oil. Add ginger garlic and sauté. Add chilli flakes. 
Add onions and sauté. If adding tofu , add and sauté till golden a bit.
Add the curry paste and sauté.
Add soya sauce. 
Mix well.
Add all the vegs and salt and sauté.
Add a cup of water and boil the vegs.
Slowly add coconut milk and boil this till vegs are cooked yet crunchy.
Add vinegar and top with spring onions.
You can add vegs that are available. Use Chinese cabbage, Pak choi, spinach, endless list. I put pineapple and my family loved it. Today I put raw mango pulp that one uses for aam panna! Delicious!!
Chilli spicy sauce to too this lovely curry.
4 tbsp vinegar, 4 tbsp water, chopped green chilies, salt and chilli flakes. Mix and let then blend. Pour this a tsp at a time to add more fire to your curry.

No comments:

Post a Comment