Thursday, September 25, 2014

Baigan ka achaar



Baigan ka achaar
Nearly everything I know can be pickled but we stick to our regular fare. I like to push my limits and my family has come to enjoy my creations and experiments. Nothing surprises them anymore. My dear friend mentioned about a particular baingan ka achaar she buys and she loves. My next thought was of getting into action with the nice brinjal I had in my fridge. The outcome was amazing. Here is the recipe which I modified to my taste. 
Ingredients
250 gms chopped brinjals 1"
1 chopped onion
3-4 crushed galic
1 tsp grated ginger
1 tsp thick tamarind paste
1/4 cup oil
1 tsp methi crushed
1 tsp mustard crushed
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp haldi
1/2 tsp roasted and crushed cumin powder 
2-3 tbsp sugar or acc to taste
1 tbsp vinegar
Salt to taste
Method 
Apply salt to brinjal pieces and keep for an hour. Squeeze and dry on kitchen towels for few hours.
Heat 2-3 tbsp oil and add brinjal and cook for 5-8 mins till a bit colored.
Heat rest of the oil and add ginger and galic and cook till colored. 
Add onions and cook till golden.
Add all the masalas and remove from heat. Add salt.
Add vinegar, tamarind pulp and sugar. 
Mix brinjal pieces in it and mix well.
Store in a jar and keep for 2-3 days. Yummy spicy baigan ka achaar is ready. Serve with missi rotis or Jowar ki rotis. Awesome!





No comments:

Post a Comment